Hanging & Display
What is a Picture Hanging System
A picture Hanging System allows you to change the art on your
walls as often as you like without damaging the walls. Ideal for
galleries, museums, offices, schools, showrooms and homes.
Picture hanging & display systems
Most picture hanging systems consist of a rail fixed to the
wall. Suspenders or rods hang from the rail. Adjustable hooks slide
onto the suspender or rod.
- Supplied in 2m or 3m lengths, generally 2 or 3 rails per
- You can cut them to length or join them up to make longer
- Straight and corner joiners, and end caps, are available for
- With the exception of the J Rail and Uprail, all rails are
fitted to the wall using fixing buttons or clips spaced approx.
- Screws are not supplied as you will need to use the right type
of screw and plug for your wall.
Suspenders and rods
- Look out for the numbers in circles to guide you to the
suspenders or rods compatible with the rail you are
- Picture hooks slide onto the rods/suspenders.
- Some are self-locking, others lock with a screw.
Which picture hanging system is right
for me ?
Compare the systems on the following pages and consider:
- The loading you need the rails to take.
- Your budget. We've given each component a budget indicator so
you can make quick comparisons.
- How discreet do you want the system to be? Look at the size of
the rail and how it is fixed.
- Suspenders are more discreet than rails, but generally require
a stepladder to change.
- Gallery rods are more obvious but are rigid and easier to move
and change from ground level.
- How confident is the installer ? The fixing clip for Newly
rails is more forgiving of minor misalignments.
- Hooks - for ease of use, choose self-locking types. If budget
is your priority, screw-locking types may suit.
- Security - some hooks have a security clip to deter theft.
How do I work out how much to order
- Sketch the space where you want to fit the system. Measure the
sections where you want to fit rail.
- Work out number of lengths of rail you'll need. Remember, you
can cut rails to length with a fine tooth hacksaw and use
- From your sketch, count up the number of straight and corner
joiners and end caps you'll need.
- If the rail uses fixing clips or buttons, order enough for one
app. every 300mm.
- Unless you know exactly how many pictures you're going to want
to hang, order app. 2 rods/suspenders and 4 hooks per metre or
Browse our range of picture hanging and display