Hanging & Display
Picture hanging & display systems
Most picture hanging systems consist of a rail fixed to the wall. Suspenders or rods hang from the rail. Adjustable hooks slide onto the suspender or rod.
- Supplied in 2m or 3m lengths, generally 2 or 3 rails per pack.
- You can cut them to length or join them up to make longer runs.
- Straight and corner joiners, and end caps, are available for most rails.
- With the exception of the J Rail and Uprail, all rails are fitted to the wall using fixing buttons or clips spaced approx. 300mm apart.
- Screws are not supplied as you will need to use the right type of screw and plug for your wall.
Suspenders and rods
- Look out for the numbers in circles to guide you to the suspenders or rods compatible with the rail you are considering.
- Picture hooks slide onto the rods/suspenders.
- Some are self-locking, others lock with a screw.
To view our different hanging systems Please click the image below:
Which picture hanging system is right for me ?
Compare the systems on the following pages and consider:
- The loading you need the rails to take.
- Your budget. We've given each component a budget indicator so you can make quick comparisons.
- How discreet do you want the system to be? Look at the size of the rail and how it is fixed.
- Suspenders are more discreet than rails, but generally require a stepladder to change.
- Gallery rods are more obvious but are rigid and easier to move and change from ground level.
- How confident is the installer ? The fixing clip for Newly rails is more forgiving of minor misalignments.
- Hooks - for ease of use, choose self-locking types. If budget is your priority, screw-locking types may suit.
- Security - some hooks have a security clip to deter theft.
How do I work out how much to order ?
- Sketch the space where you want to fit the system. Measure the sections where you want to fit rail.
- Work out number of lengths of rail you'll need. Remember, you can cut rails to length with a fine tooth hacksaw and use joiners.
- From your sketch, count up the number of straight and corner joiners and end caps you'll need.
- If the rail uses fixing clips or buttons, order enough for one app. every 300mm.
- Unless you know exactly how many pictures you're going to want to hang, order app. 2 rods/suspenders and 4 hooks per metre or rail.