New to Framing? get started here
MountCor for Canvas 5mm 1016mm x 813mm Foamboard 1 sheet
£21.11 Ex Vat
In Stock (24 available)
10275 MountCor for Canvas 5mm 1016mm x 813mm Foamboard 1 sheet
Lower temperature heat activated adhesive foamboard for mounting of art on canvas
MountCor for Canvas and heavy textured papers has a thicker coating of the special adhesive and bonds at around 70°C. MountCor for Paper bonds at around 65°C. These are significantly lower temperatures than most other heat-activated adhesive materials. Dwell time is around 65 seconds.
- The specially formulated MountCor adhesive is acid-free, inert and designed for long-term preservation of the art. The bond is permanent with no risk of lifting over time.
- Each board has its own single-use translucent release paper which guarantees no debris or left-over adhesive gets onto the print. The printed grid helps accurate alignment of the art to speed trimming.
- Gilman Brothers both manufacture the high-density foamboard and coat it in their family-owned plant in US which guarantees consistent quality. The rigid 5mm foamboard has a super smooth surface which is coated with the special heat-activated adhesive using special air-release technology to eliminate any ‘orange peel’ effect. That is something which is often found with pup core boards.
- MountCor works with most heated flat-bed and vacuum presses as well as with heated roller presses.
- MountCor for Canvas is safe for most artwork on canvas and on heavier textured papers. The revolutionary adhesive formula bonds almost all grades, weights, finishes and fibre content of canvases, fabrics and many other materials at around 70°C:
• Polyester, poly/cotton and cotton, 200 to 500 g/m2
• Coated, uncoated and metallic effect
• Textured and embossed decorative papers
• Heavy, rough, un-painted watercolour paper
• Polyester encapsulated maps and charts
• Tyvek, Yupo and other synthetic papers
• All digital paper prints
MountCor boards are made with two different coating thicknesses:
• MountCor for Canvas and heavy textured papers. This has a thicker coating of adhesive and bonds at around 70°C
• MountCor for Paper, which bonds at about 65°C
Both versions of MountCor are on white, 5mm thick high-density foam board. Each has a one-time use translucent release paper to keep the adhesive surface clean.
MountCor boards are 1016mm x 813mm. Buy as single boards on LION Mixed Mountboard Despatch. Or it can be ordered in packs of 5 sheets.
10275 MountCor for Canvas MCP 5mm 1016 x 813mm 1 sheet
10274 MountCor for Paper MCP 5mm 1016 x 813mm pack 1 sheet
10281 MountCor for Paper MCP 5mm 1016 x 813mm pack 5 sheets
10282 MountCor for Canvas MCC 5mm 1016 x 813mm pack 5 sheets
10276 MountCor for Paper & MountCor for Canvas Trial Pack: 3 x MCP + 2 x MCC sheets
Click here to see the MountCor for Paper & MountCor for Canvas range
Click here to view PUB111 for full info on MountCor for Paper
Click here to view PUB112 for full info on MountCor for Canvas
Product info updated March 2021
Mixed Sheet Despatch: Ordering sheet material from LION is easy, you don't have to order in full packs. Mix and match single sheets of mountboard and other selected sheet materials. You just need to order a mixture of at least ten sheets in total.
Please feel free to ask any questions about this product.
Ask a question
|Specification||Mixed Sheet Despatch|