Available to order. Lead time approx. 5 working days. Contact sales team for further info.
How does a Hoffmann Router work?
- Set the router depth using the scale on the X-Line 20, MU3, and MU3P or the digital reader on the MU3D and MU3PD.
- Position the slot - lay a mitred piece on the bed and line up the slot location with the indicator on the machine. Slide up and lock the centre fence plate. On the MU3D and MU3PD the position is shown on the digital reader for quick and repeatable setup.
- Place the mitred piece to be routed on the left side of the bed with the rebate facing away.
- To start the machining cycle, pull the lever for X-20, MU3 and MU3D. Press the foot switch for MU3P and MU3PD.
- Padded hold-down plate / pneumatic clamp secures moulding and motor is switched on. Continued pulling / foot pressure advances the router head until pre-set height is reached.
- Release the lever to return the router to its home position, shut off the motor and release the moulding. Pneumatic models return automatically.
- Move the mitred piece to the right side of the bed to rout the other end. Repeat for all four mitred pieces.
- Assemble the frame by placing the first two pieces fast down, inserting the key and tapping it home with a soft face hammer. Repeat to complete the frame.