New to Framing? get started here
Hang Pictures Without Nails
Avoid damaging your walls with an Art Hanging System
What is an Art Hanging System?
An Art Hanging System allows you to hang and chance the art on your walls without damaging the walls. Ideal for galleries, museums, offices, showrooms, and homes. With an Art Hanging System you can hang pictures without nails.
Simply fix the hanging rail to the wall with suspenders hanging from them. Height adjustable hooks on the suspenders carry the art.
View Lion's complete range of Art Hanging Systems here.
A system comprises of...
- Normally supplied in 2m or 3m lengths in packs of 2 or 3
- Lengths can be cut to size and joined with clips
- Straight and corner joiners and end caps are available for most rails
Suspenders and rods
- Hang from the hanging rail, ensure they are compatible with the hanging rail
- Choose between perlon and steel suspenders
- Available in various lengths and thicknesses
- Picture hooks slide onto the perlon, wire suspenders, or rods
- Some are self-locking, others lock with a screw
- Height adjustable; hang pictures perfectly straight
Which system is right for me?
Compare them and consider:
- The loading you need the rails to take
- Your budget
- How discreet you want the system to be. Look at the size of the rail and how it is fixed;
Suspenders are more discreet than rods but generally require a stepladder to change.
Gallery rods are more obvious but are rigid and easier to move and change from ground level.
- How confident is the installer? The Newly fixing clip is more forgiving of minor misalignment;
Hooks offer ease of use with a choice of self-locking or screw-locking.
Security clips are attached to some hooks to deter theft.
How much do I order?
Measure up carefully:
- Sketch out the wall areas. Measure the section where you want to fit the rail
- Work out the number of lengths you'll need. You don't need to take rails right into the corners
- Count up the number of straight and corner joiners and end caps you'll need
- If the rail uses fixing clips or buttons, order enough for one approximately every 300mm
- Unless you now how many pictures you're going to want to hang we suggest you order approximately 2 suspenders and 4 hooks per metre