What is a sub-frame?
- A frame cut to size and fitted to the back of the panel with heavy-duty bonding tape
- It is an extruded aluminium profile, with a matt silver anodised finish
- Mitred corners are joined with metal plates, fixed with a screwdriver
- Hangers are fitted to the frame
What does a sub-frame do?
- Provides a means of fitting hangers to allow the panel to hang on normal picture hooks
- Adds rigidity to the panel
- Gives the panel a feeling of weight and enhances the quality
- Spaces the panel away from the wall so that it appears to float
Fitting a Sub-Frame to a graphic panel