New to Framing? get started here
SUB15 Pre Taped Aluminium Mill Finish Sub Frame Length
£3.30 Ex Vat per metre
Out of Stock
Delivery overdue awaiting information
9777LT SUB15 Pre Taped Aluminium Mill Finish Sub Frame Length
When assembled into a frame and bonded to the back of a printed panel, SUB15 makes it float away from the wall by 15mm. With bonding tape pre-applied, it is ideal for smaller panels and lighter substrates, such as ChromaLuxe.
- Order square cut on our Chop Service, or in 3m lengths to cut on your own equipment.
- Join with our 15mm moulded push-in corners to make a frame.
- Fit CWH3 Square Sawtooth Hangers to the frame and hang on normal picture hooks, or use T Screws for safe and secure hanging.
What is a Sub Frame?
- A frame cut to size and fitted to the back of the panel with VHB Tape/Heavy Duty (HD) bonding tape
- Sub-Frame SUB15 is an extruded aluminium profile, with a mill finish
- Can be ordered in lengths, or square-cut to size on our Chop Service
- Square cut corners are joined with our Moulded Push In Corners
- Hangers are fitted to the frame
Which profile is right for me?
SUB15 floats the panel 15mm from the wall. With bonding tape re-applied, it is ideal for smaller panels and lighter substrates, such as Chromaluxe. Appy Heavy Duty Bonding Tape to the a sub frame without tape pre-applied for use with most panel sizes and substrate thicknesses.
SUB25 floats the panel 25mm from the wall. Used Heavy Duty Bonding Tape it is particularly useful for larger aluminium panels and thicker substrates.
How does it work?
1) Order in length to cut on your own saw OR order on our Chop Service and we'll cut them to size for you.
2) Apply Heavy Duty Bonding Tape unless using SUB15 with bonding tape pre-applied.
3) Push in corners to make up the frame.
5) Remove release liner from tape, locate, press down firmly, leave to cure at room temperature.
6) Slow CWH3 hangers into the profile or use T Screws for secure fixing.
How big should your sub frame be?
Measure the printed panel and allow 25-75mm border (depending on panel size). Take the external measurements of the sub frame e.g. 300mm x 500mm. Subtract 27mm to each end to allow for the width of the push in corners, making the framed example 446mm x 246mm.
Priced per metre, supplied in 3m lengths. Please order in metres, we will round up to the nearest full length.
Download the Sub Frame Measuring Guide.
LION supplies this sub-frame profile pre-taped in 3 metre lengths and in bespoke square cut sizes.
This SUB15 profile is also available without tape in 3m lengths, and can also be square cut through our Chop Service.
Click here to order bespoke sizes through our Chop Service.
Or choose SUB25, the greater the depth of the aluminium sub-frame, the further the panel will hang from the wall.
See all standard sizes in the SUB15 range.
9777LT Pre Taped SUB15 Aluminium Sub-Frame measurements: 27mm Face x 15mm Depth
Fitting a Sub-Frame to a graphic panel...
Please feel free to ask any questions about this product.
Ask a question