OPEN we are taking orders for delivery
SUB15 Pre Taped Aluminium Mill Finish Sub Frame Length
£3.15 Ex Vat per metre
Out of Stock
More expected Thursday 10 Sep 20
9777LT SUB15 Pre Taped Aluminium Mill Finish Sub Frame Length
When assembled into a frame and bonded to the back of a printed panel, SUB15 makes it float away from the wall by 15mm. With bonding tape pre-applied, it is ideal for smaller panels and lighter substrates, such as ChromaLuxe.
- Order square cut on our Chop Service, or in 3m lengths to cut on your own equipment.
- Join with our 15mm moulded push-in corners to make a frame.
- Apply HD Bonding Tape to the frame and bond to the back of the panel. Clean all contact surfaces with a solvent wipe first.
- Fit CWH3 Square Sawtooth Hangers to the frame and hang on normal picture hooks, or use T Screws for safe and secure hanging.
What is a Sub Frame?
- A frame cut to size and fitted to the back of the panel with VHB Tape/Heavy Duty (HD) bonding tape
- Sub-Frame SUB15 is an extruded aluminium profile, with a mill finish
- Can be ordered in lengths, or mitre-cut or square-cut to size on our Chop Service
- Square cut corners are joined with our Moulded Push In Corners
- Hangers are fitted to the frame
What does a Sub Frame do?
- Provides a secure method for hanging a Printed Panel
- Supports large and sometimes flexible Printed Panels
- Spaces Printed Panel away from the wall, creating an eye catching shadow
How big should your sub frame be?
For square cut profiles using Moulded Push-In Corners - measure the printed panel and allow 25-75mm border (depending on panel size). Take the external measurements of the sub frame e.g. 300mm x 500mm. Subtract 27mm to each end to allow for the width of the push in corners, making the framed example 446mm x 246mm.
Priced per metre, supplied in 3m lengths. Please order in metres, we will round up to the nearest full length.
Remember when adhering the sub frame to the printed panel that adhesive products work best if the surfaces to be bonded are totally clean and grease free. Use solvent surface wipes 9837 (sachets) or 9838 (tub).
Download the Sub Frame Measuring Guide.
Lion supplies this sub-frame profile pre-taped in 3 metre lengths and in bespoke mitre cut or square cut sizes.
This SUB15 profile is also available without tape in 3m lengths, and can also be mitre cut or square cut through our Chop Service.
Click here to order bespoke sizes through our Chop Service.
Other Sub-Frame profile to choose from:
SUB25 is 25mm. The greater the depth of the aluminium sub-frame, the further the panel will hang from the wall.
See all standard sizes in the SUB15 range.
9777LT Pre Taped SUB15 Aluminium Sub-Frame measurements: 27mm Face x 15mm Depth
Fitting a Sub-Frame to a graphic panel...
Please feel free to ask any questions about this product.
Ask a question