OPEN we are taking orders for delivery
SUB15 Aluminium Sub Frame Mill Finish Length
£2.35 Ex Vat per metre
Out of Stock
More expected Wednesday 22 Jul 20
9777L SUB15 Aluminium Sub Frame Mill Finish Length
When assembled into a frame and bonded to the back of a printed panel, SUB15 makes it float away from the wall by 15mm. Apply HD Bonding Tape to fix to most panel sizes and substrate thicknesses.
- Order square cut on our Chop Service, or in 3m lengths to cut on your own equipment.
- Join with our 15mm moulded push-in corners to make a frame.
- Apply HD Bonding Tape to the frame and bond to the back of the panel. Clean all contact surfaces with a solvent wipe first.
- Fit CWH3 Square Sawtooth Hangers to the frame and hang on normal picture hooks, or use T Screws for safe and secure hanging.
What is a Sub-Frame?
- A frame cut to size and fitted to the back of the panel with Heavy-Duty (HD) bonding tape / VHB Tape
- SUB15 is an extruded aluminium profile, with a mill finish
- Can be ordered in lengths, and mitre-cut or square-cut to size on our Chop Service
- Mitred corners are joined with either our Steel Push In Corners or our Double-Plate Hardware
- Square cut corners are joined with our Moulded Push In Corners
- Hangers included in the Hardware Kit are fitted to the frame
What does a Sub-Frame do?
- Provides a secure method for hanging a Printed Panel
- Supports large and sometimes flexible Printed Panels
- Provides a means of fixes hangers to allow the panel to hang on normal picture hooks
- Adds rigidity to the panel
- Gives the panel a feeling of weight and enhances the quality
- Spaces Printed Panel away from the wall, creating an eye catching shadow
How big should your sub frame be?
For square cut profiles using Moulded Push-In Corners - measure the printed panel and allow 25-75mm border (depending on panel size). Take the external measurements of the sub frame e.g. 300mm x 500mm. Subtract 27mm to each end to allow for the width of the push in corners, making the framed example 446mm x 246mm.
Adhere the sub frame to the printed panel with HD Bonding Tape 6919. Remember, adhesive products work best if the surfaces to be bonded are totally clean and grease free. Use solvent surface wipes 9837 (sachets) or 9838 (tub).
Priced per metre, supplied in 3m lengths. Please order in metres, we will round up to the nearest full length.
Download the Sub Frame Measuring Guide.
Lion supplies this sub-frame profile in 3 metre lengths, as precision mitred pairs in standard and in bespoke mitre cut or square cut sizes.
Other Sub-Frame profiles to choose from:
SUB25 is 25mm. The greater the depth of the aluminium sub-frame, the further the panel will hang from the wall.
9777L SUB15 Aluminium Sub-Frame measurements: 27mm Face x 15mm Depth
Fitting a Sub-Frame to a graphic panel...
Please feel free to ask any questions about this product.
Ask a question