Everything you need to display or frame printed panels
Choose your finished style and we'll show you how...
Display Simply hang your printed panels for a sleek, minimal look
Quick & simple
Hang straight onto the wall by applying one
- Range of sizes
Watch: Fitting Self-Adhesive Panel Hanging Plates
Quick, simple & more rigid
Add depth and rigidity by attaching a Sub-Frame
Watch: Attaching a Mitre-Cut Sub-Frame
Frame your printed panels in easy to assemble aluminium profiles
Concealed panels edges
Give a refined finish with an aluminium Art Frame,
Watch: Framing Printed Panels with an Aluminium Art Frame
Creates a shadow effect
Frame in a contemporary style by creating a shadow gap between the panel and frame.
Watch: Assembling an Aluminium Art Tray Frame
Chop Service for aluminium
Aluminium profiles can only be cut on a saw fitted with special blades.
For PSP's and Photolabs who don't necessarily have this specialist equipment the best way to order is through our Chop Service. You can order all our aluminium frame profiles and sub frame profiles mitre-cut to your required size.
You can now order our SUB15 profiles with the ends cut square for use with our new Plastic Push-In Corners. Order your assembly & hanging accessories separately.
Order our SUB15 Mill Finish with adhesive tape already applied. Order in lengths, mitre cut or square cut. Click here.
If you're producing aluminium frames or sub frames in volume we can also supply you with the right cutting equipment.
Speak to our Technical Services at email@example.com.
How to Assemble & Attach a Sub-Frame
Choose the easy to use corner hardware that is compatible with your sub-frame (see table below). We recommend our new Moulded Push-In Corners for our SUB15 profile - just ensure that ends are square-cut rather than mitred. You can now order square cut, mitre cut, square cut pre-taped and mitre cut pre-taped on our Chop Service (as well as ordering in lengths).
1. Slot in the corner hardware, joining 3 sides to make a 'U' shape.
2. Join the final side to make a completed sub-frame. Moulded Push-In Corners (square cut) and Steel Push-In Corners (mitre cut) are simply pushed in. If using our Double-Plate Corner Hardware you will need a screwdriver to tighten the screws.
3. Prepare the rear surface of the printed panel with our Solvent Wipes, to aid bond.
4. Adhere Heavy Duty (HD) Bonding Tape onto each side of the sub-frame to be attached to the printed panel. If using our pre-taped SUB15 profile you can simply peel away the release paper and adhere to the panel.
What's the difference between our Heavy Duty (HD) Bonding Tape and the Pre-Applied Adhesive Tape on our SUB15 profile?
Our own HD tape is very thick, 0.7mm. We supply this because this makes it well suited to hand application. It has excellent adhesive qualities and is easily utilised on surfaces that aren't completely flat and smooth.
The adhesive tape that is pre-applied to our SUB15 Mill Finish profile is much thinner, 0.16mm. This makes it 'saw-friendly' - it doesn't gum up the saw blades. This tape is applied with pressure. It is also wider so there is a greater adhesive surface area on the same sized sub-frame. This does mean, however, that this tape should only be used on perfectly flat, smooth surfaces.
We have carried out internal tests on the pre-applied tape and found that:
- A 260 x 190mm sub-frame (170cm² tape contact area) - failed at 32kg after curing for 1 hour
- A 600 x 410mm sub-frame (350cm² tape contact area) - failed at 82kg after curing for 24 hours
If you need more details please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Measure for a Sub-Frame
Here's a handy guide on measuring the correct sub-frame size:
How to Assemble an Aluminium Frame
Use Double Plate Hardware in each corner. The top plate contains grub screws which force the plates apart when tightened to hold the corner firmly in place.
1. Slot in the L Plates, joining 3 sides to make a 'U' shape.
2. For Art Frames slide the panel into the U and fit the fourth side. Align the corners as you tighten the screws. Fit Bow Springs into place. For Tray Frames adhere the panel into the tray formed by the L Shaped Profile using Heavy Duty (HD) Bonding Tape.
3. To smooth and finish the corners of Art Frames, stroke the shank of a screwdriver from front to back.
See all Hardware & Accessories for assembling and hanging Printed Panel displays.
Display & Frame Printed Panels 2018
Published January '19
- Panel Hanging Plate